Starting a new job, especially one in a different country can always be a daunting experience, even for people who are used to moving around the globe. It is not just about meeting with new colleagues, finding a new place to live in, getting familiar with new rules, but also facing the problems simple communication can pose. Even if you speak the same language, the strong chance of misunderstanding between representatives from different nations always exists.
Every country and region has their own customs, traditions, rituals and appropriate behaviour. A word or gesture, presumed as polite in one place, could be extremely rude in other. The verbal expression literally mirrors the unique features of the different groups of people: therefore it is the easiest way to embarrass yourself or offend somebody without knowing it. Of course, with the time passing everybody learns how to communicate properly at a new place: the hard way or easy way.
The Netherlands is not an exception. There are wide varieties of the language expressions within the country and even with the English speakers some misunderstandings may occur. So, in order to avoid them or to make fun out of them, have a look at the article below for a very funny and very true guide to How to talk like the Dutch.
Interesting? If you want to have the chance to add few steps to the list above resulting from your own experience, why don’t you consider applying to a job in the Netherlands right now? We offer few very easy steps to do it:
- Upload your CV (in English) here, on our website
- Apply to our website brainport-bulgaria.com directly, registering first with your email
- Join our LinkedIn discussion group or company page for updates on recent vacancies
- Subscribe for our newsletter where we offer a bundle of useful info on living and working in Holland, as well as our most recent vacancies, provided by our partners in Holland - Brainport Bulgaria
- Send your CV or motivational letter specifying the job you are applying for to email@example.com
We do our best in assisting you through the process: by helping you find the perfect job, by assessing and upgrading your motivation letter in order to show your best qualities, by organizing your interviews, by supporting you even while you are in the Netherlands...So, don’t hesitate and make a decision that could change your life for good!